Tagged: homepage cian blog posts layout
February 25, 2016 at 2:12 pm #5149
I´ve installed the theme in virtualama.com with the great “verde” plugin. And I´m installing the Cian Theme in the webpage, but I think I´ve made something wrong. Because following the instructions for installing the demo theme, the homepage only shows some old blog posts and the menu.
Also, when I checked the sections tab from the theme options all the fields were empty. I´ve tried to create pages with the layout as you say in the instructions, and assign them to the sections, but unsuccessful.
May be you´ve been dealing with something similar and know what to do. In this case, if you can point me to a solution. Thanks!
RegardsFebruary 25, 2016 at 10:30 pm #5150
Nevermind I´ve found the checkbox that changes the homepage content from blog posts to pages and sections.February 26, 2016 at 10:51 pm #5151
I’m glad you reached to find the problem. So, is everything ok now?
RegardsMarch 20, 2016 at 9:52 pm #5221Bryan J PossoParticipant
So I also just installed this Cian WordPress theme. But am only getting the typical “Hello Wold” message. I would like to activate the demo as seen in the live preview. Is there a setting I need to change in order to see the live preview demo to work from that?March 21, 2016 at 7:45 am #5224
have you followed the instructions in the documentation?
- Install and activate the required plugins “Portfolio Post Type”, “Contact Form 7” and “Rotating Tweets”.
- Tools->Import:Wordpress and follow the instruction to install the plugin.
- Browse select the .xml file from DemoData and import
- Goto Appearance->Theme Options:Utility
- Open theme-options.txt from DemoData with a text editor, copy the content and paste into Import input box and Save.
- Please check Theme Options:Sections. to ensure all sections have corresponding pages assigned. It may not assigned automatically as page ids may get changed while importing.
- Go to Appearance->Menus and assign the newly created menu as the Main menu from the “Manage Locations” tab.
- By Last, in the page Settings > Reading, in the first option Front page displays, select ‘A static page’ and the page ‘Home’ in the Front page dropdown and the page ‘Blog’ in the Post page dropdown
- You should be done, visit the site!
RegardsMarch 23, 2016 at 12:12 pm #5237
After some changes everything is working fine. Only I don´t know if you can help me with this: in the blog page, the blog posts doesn´t appear in order. It makes some white spaces. As you can see in this screen capture:
Thank you.March 24, 2016 at 10:05 am #5240
I will check it better if you send me your url please.
RegardsMarch 29, 2016 at 7:46 am #5244March 30, 2016 at 7:00 am #5246
I havfe checked your website but the plugin Verde is enabled and I can’t check the blog page. Can you create a new user for me in your admin panel? In that way, I can check the code and it would be easier search the error. I have done this with other users, so there is no problem. You can trust me 😉
Send me the information to email@example.com
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.