October 4, 2017 at 7:17 pm #5813
First of all, thank you for creating this great template.
I’ve recently purchased and installed in a fresh WordPress set-up, and I’ve run into a few problems.
1) After installing all required plugins, I receive this message from the Twitter one:
“Please update your settings for Rotating Tweets. The Twitter API changed on June 11, 2013 and new settings are needed for Rotating Tweets to continue working.”
2) When importing the Demo Data, I receive a bunch of Warnings, which makes me think there might be something going wrong in the background.
3) Whenever I activate the theme, the overall performance of the WordPress really goes down, becoming very slow to load any page.
4) I receive the following message on the website:
“Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home/storage/b/81/5e/doables/public_html/admin/wp-content/themes/cian/footer.php on line 42”.
I’m not being able to finish the installation and use the theme properly, I think because of these issues. I did follow the installation guide in the documentation.
Could you help me solve them? Any directions on how to do it?
Thanks in advance,
RafaelOctober 5, 2017 at 2:09 pm #5815
1) That message appears because you have to set up the options of the plugin Rotating Tweets (Twitter widget & shortcode). Go to the page Settings > Rotating Tweets, follow the steps and set up the Twitter API Settings fields.
2) Maybe it could be some little problems in the import, but that does not mean that everything has not been imported.
3) I don’t know what it could be the problem.
4) I have made a lot of tests with this theme and I haven’t gotten this error ever. The checking when this error happens, it is when the copyright text is loaded. You can set up this text from the page Theme Options, in the tab Footer & copyright.
Anyway, if you want, you can create a new user for me in your admin panel. In that way, I can check the errors better, and try to resolve them. I have done this with other users and there were not problems, so you can trust me.
RegardsOctober 5, 2017 at 2:30 pm #5816
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Really appreciate it.
And sure, it would be great if you could take a look at it. Where should I send the username and password to?
Thanks and kind regards,
RafaelOctober 5, 2017 at 2:43 pm #5817
I’ve sent you the information at firstname.lastname@example.org
A few additional things to notice (maybe it helps):
– The fatal error I mentioned appears at the very bottom of the page.
– The WordPress top bar that should appear on the website is not showing up (maybe it’s related to the footer error).
Thanks!October 6, 2017 at 8:32 am #5818
I have resolved the error in the footer. Now, the website is completely equal than the demo website.
RegardsOctober 6, 2017 at 1:59 pm #5819
Thank you so much for fixing it. Really appreciate it. It’s looking great!
Just so I know what happened, how did you fix it? Not that it will happen, but if in the future we have to reinstall the theme in another server, how can I fix this issue if it comes up again?
Thank you and very best regards,
RafaelOctober 6, 2017 at 2:13 pm #5820
I have modified a checking in the footer. I will update the theme with this error fixed. So, in the future, if you want to install it in other server, you only have to download the theme again from Themeforest.
RegardsOctober 6, 2017 at 2:15 pm #5821
And I would be very thankful if you rate the theme from your download page: https://themeforest.net/downloads
Best regardsOctober 6, 2017 at 4:52 pm #5822
Absolutely, review posted!
Thank you once again.
RafaelOctober 8, 2017 at 5:11 am #5823
Thank you very much!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.